(Reference number: 41971)
Caheroyan House, Athenry Co Galway is an award-winning family run country house, offering bed & breakfast: incorporating Self Catering Cottages within a court yard setting that is only a few yards from the Manor House, It's the ideal location for a rewarding holiday.
The manor house itself has been recently refurbished to reflect its history and importance to the locality of Athenry and visitors from further a field.
It is set amidst the fields of Athenry on 70 acres of organic farmlands and 30 acres of woodlands and offers its visitors an opportunity to relax and experience some of nature's finest treasures.
Caheroyan House has two self-catering cottages surrounding the farm. This comfortable accommodation in tastefully restored cottages, retains the character of a bygone age.
There are two cottages on our farm all with their private garden at the back. These range from one bedroom to three bedroom cottages.
The Clarin- 2 bedrooms
The Barn- 3 bedrooms
The Clarin Cottage:
The Barn Cottage:
- Two bedroom cottage.
- It has one double room and a twin room.
- It has a combined sitting room with a panoramic view of the fields of Athenry and the farm animals.
- Fully fitted kitchen, electric cooker and oven, micro wave oven, fridge with ice making compartment.
- Shower and toilet.
- Parking facilities.
- The Clarin can accommodate up to four persons.
- It has two separate double rooms and a twin room.
- It has an olden style wood burning stove, used in the olden days by the stable boys to keep warm whilst tending the horses in the stables in the harsh winters.
- Fully fitted kitchen Electric cooker and oven, micro wave oven, fridge with ice making compartment and washer/Dryer.
- Shower and toilet which can facilitate the disabled or partially disabled with grab and assistance rails.
- Parking facilities.
- 3 bedroom The Barn can accommodate up to six people.
This idyllic location is only 20 minutes drive from Galway City, 15 minutes from Ballybrit Galway famous for the Horse Racing Festivals, 15 minutes from Clarenbridge, world famous oyster festivals and 35 minutes from Ballinalsoe home of the renowned Horse Fair. We are well served by a public transport system which includes both bus and train, with Galway Airport just 7 miles away and Connacht and Shannon International Airports, just one hours drive.
Now with the NEW Dublin-Galway motorway (N6) right at our door step & the NEW Limerick Athenry Rail link, it is even quicker & easier to get here from Dublin & Shannon airports.
(From Central Dublin 1hr 40min-2hr by car [get off at junction 17 for Athenry], 2-2hr 30min by train. 1hr 30min - 2hr by train to Limerick.