(Reference number: 69476)
Welcome to Suan na Mara, a delightful 3 star holiday home- Failte Ireland Approved,(Irish Tourist Board) situated in an idyllic rural setting near Killala in beautiful unspoilt North Mayo on the fabulous, rugged and amazing' Wild Atlantic Way. The newly opened Monastries of the Moy Green Way is one hundred metres from the house.
With Its home from home ambience, Suan Na Mara is a wonderful place to stay while visiting Co. Mayo. The family friendly property is spacious and comfortably furnished and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
Suan Na Mara sits surrounded by an enclosed garden that provides a safe play area for children and plenty of car parking spaces. There is a garden shed suitable for storing fishing gear, waders, rain wear, golf clubs and other equipment.
Inside visitors will find a cosy separate sitting room with an open fireplace, TV and carpet flooring. There is a large dining room with open fireplace as well as a fully equipped kitchen so guests can prepare meals at ease. Suan Na Mara has four bedrooms one of which is ensuite, in addition to a newly refurbished bathroom with corner shower and bath.
Electricity and heating are charged according to meter reading. While staying in Suan Na Mara guests will find many activities and attractions in the surrounding area.
•Fishing: Within 15 km there is excellent freshwater fishing on the world famous River Moy, Lough Conn & Cullen and other lakes and rivers..
•Sea angling meanwhile is available at Killala Bay (3km) and arrangements can be made with local boat owners for fishing trips.
• Blue flag beach: Splendid blue flag beach nearby at Ross
• Historical Sites: There are many historical sites nearby, including Moyne (1460) & Rosserk (1441) Franciscan Friaries, Rathfran Abbey a Dominican Friary (1274), Killala Round Tower (circa 900 AD.) and Ogham Stones and megalithic tombs.
• Archaeology: for those interested in archaeology The Ceide Fields is only a short drive away at nearby Ballycastle.
• Amazing Downpatrick Head on the Wild Atlantic Way.
• Shops, pubs & Restaurants 3km.
• Excellent golfing available - 18 hole course at Ballina(12km), Enniscrone Links(20km) & Carne links Belmullet (50km),
• .Par 3 nine hole golf course & driving range at Ballina. Pitch & Putt course at Enniscrone.
• Bird Watching at Killala Quay and around the shore to Bartragh Island
• For the photography enthusiast– there is an abundance of stunning scenery and heritage sites in which to indulge your hobby.
• Park & Playground with well equipped Children's playground, tennis court and basketball court in Killala Village.
•Nature Reserves at Owenboy & Ballycroy
• Wildfowl Sanctuaries in Co. Mayo at Lough Conn, Crossmolina (Duck & Swan),Carramore Lake (Geese, ducks & swans) and Inishkea islands off the Mullet peninsula - here you will find the majority of Ireland's Barnacle Geese.
The name Killala owes its origins to an ecclesiastical site, established it is said by St. Patrick, in the 5th century. The name of the town originates from the Irish Cill Aille – meaning the Church of Ailill. Co. Mayo is a captivating county, blessed with spectacular scenery, all kinds of things to do and see. Enjoy fun filled days exploring our amazing county which is renowned for its relaxed atmosphere, warm friendly people and hospitality.
Suan Na Mara is an Ideal base for touring- take a trip along the north coast road and enjoy panoramic views of the Atlantic coastline or take a day trip to Croagh Patrick, Mayo's holy mountain & Achill Island. Visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Knock, Queen of Ireland & Museum just a one hour drive away.
Visit Foxford Woollen Mills & the Museum of Country Life, Turlough, Castlebar. Take time out for a spot of shopping in Killala & Ballina which has a large number of department stores, boutiques, souvenir shops & swimming pool .Enjoy fine food, drink, music & fun in the many pubs & restaurants in Killala & Ballina
Killala & North Mayo is linked to Dublin by R314,N26,N5. Access to Killala from the U.K. and Europe is easily gained by Ireland West Airport, Knock. (1 hour.)